Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Columbia County Fair

"The Nonconformist"



I had a random thought a week or so ago: "I should enter some photos in the county fair this year." (For the first time in 15 or so years.) After six days of locating my photo CDs, downloading saved photos from my current and previously retired computers, several trips to WalMart for 8 X 10 prints and to Michael's for mats, and a few late nights of choosing photos for each category, mounting them, attaching hangers, and deciding on "interesting" titles, I was ready to head off to the fairgrounds with my 22 entries. Okay, so I got a little carried away...


Several of them were my favorites, but some were rather random "because I can put 2 photos in each lot" selections, but I figured, "Why not?" since I was driving to St. Helens anyway and there was no entry fee involved.

The fair opened today with free admission for Seniors so Mike's Mom and I went to have a look at Photography, Quilts, floral and plant exhibits.


Two of my "Creative/Computer Altered" photos, 'Winter Wonderland' and 'Peter Iredale,' a ship wreck on the northern Oregon coast, won ribbons, one a 2nd. place and one 3rd.

My favorite tulip festival photo, titled 'The Nonconformist', that I use as my computer desktop wallpaper was designated "Reserve Champion" and "Special Award - State Fair." I think that means it gets sent to compete at the Sate Fair in Salem in early Sept. while I am in PA.


"Peter Iredale"




"Winter Wonderland"

The other photos below are some of the non-winning ones I had fun creating.













"Beatrice"







"Freckles and Tinker"

No comments:

Post a Comment